GetJar, an independent app store, yesterday announced 1.5 billion app downloads in its first year of operation.
GetJar has been around since 2004. It features close to 50,000 applications — such as Google Maps and the Opera browser — and works on all major platforms. The company is backed by Accel Partners and says it’s profitable. It has around two dozen employees.
- Registered developers: 292,215
- Registered beta-testers: 41,265
- Supported Devices: 1,541
- Total Game/Application Files: 48,821
- Files Uploaded Last Week (2009 Jul 6 – 2009 Jul 12): 584
- Downloads Last Week (2009 Jul 6 – 2009 Jul 12): 8,054,963
For the Get Jar developer blog, click here.